Future English Online Teacher Community is our new peer-led online platform for English language teachers. The platform provides a forum where teachers can engage in new ideas and relevant discussions, share knowledge and experience, reflect on their practice and take part in research.
The platform has open enrolment which means that any teacher can register and create an account and engage in their country group activities as well as the wider platform activities.
Following registration on the platform, teachers can engage in the following activities:
- moderated forum discussions (topics for forum discussions are selected to meet the needs of teachers and are part of a set programme of key topics and issues)
- webinars delivered by ELT experts (British Council trainers, external UK guest speakers, country guest speakers etc.)
- live sessions and discussions
- development of personal e-portfolios
- action research, by following an interactive course while conducting a piece of research into their own practice (currently under development, scheduled for early 2021).
Teachers can interact at different levels:
- Smaller local groups of teachers who meet face to face regularly but use the platform to stay connected between meetings, or who are in rural, remote or isolated communities and who find it challenging to meet face to face and use the platform to develop a virtual group.
- Connect with other groups and other teachers within a larger ‘country’ group through forum discussions and webinars specific to teachers’ needs.
- Interact on the wider platform with teachers from other countries through regular bi-weekly webinars and Special Interest Groups, which teachers join based on their areas of interest, experience and specific classroom context.