You can register for IELTS quickly and easily through our Online Registration Service.
To register, simply follow the steps below:
1. Read the information for candidates
Download and read the Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results.
Please note that IELTS is not recommended for candidates under the age of 16.
2. Decide which version of the test is right for you
There are two versions of the IELTS test:
- IELTS Academic
- IELTS General Training
Read our simple guide to help you decide which version of the test is right for you.
3. Check the IELTS test dates
There are a limited number of places for all our IELTS test sessions. To make sure you get a place, we recommend that you register five weeks before your chosen test date. Of course, places may be available after this date. You can use our Online Registration System to find up-to-date information about test dates and availability.
Please note: Your Listening, Reading and Writing test will be completed on the same day. Your Speaking test may be offered on the same day, or up to seven days before or after your main test day. Speaking tests can be scheduled during business hours on weekdays and up to 21:00 in the evening on other occasions.
Your exam venue, time and oral exam details are announced by email 5-8 days before your test date.
4. Register online
Use our Online Registration System to book your place on the test test or register through one of our registration centres:
IELTS Registration Centres:
UET (Universiteti Europian i Tiranës)
Tre Con IT Epict Vlorë dhe Elbasan
British Council Albania is the only authorized centre for the administration of the IELTS exam in Albania. We partner with different institutions, educational and others, in regards to registrations for the IELTS and other exams. Some educational institutions offer IELTS preparation but the British Council Albania does not recommend or guarantee the quality of the services offered by these institutions.
Please ensure you are able to provide the documents in step 5 and are able to pay using one of the payment methods in step 6.
5. Prepare and send your documents
Please make sure you send us ALL of the following documents when you register for your test:
- A photocopy of your identification document (your passport or National ID card). If you are a non-Albanian citizen, you must apply with your passport only.
- A copy of your payment form if the payment is done at the bank or through bank transfers
6. Choose your payment options
The cost of sitting a test is €149.00. You can pay for your test via a bank transfer or through online payment. Please note you are responsible for paying any bank charges.
Intesa San Paolo Bank
||EUR – 30545235301
|IBAN code EUR (valid for bank transfers)
Once you have made the payment, please send us the bank transfer receipt with the rest of your registration documents. For online payments this is not necessary.
7. Complete your registration
Send all documents from step 5 and your Application Summary to the address below or via email at email@example.com :
C/O British Embassy
Rr Skenderbej, Nr 12
We need to receive all documents within five working days of your online registration. Unfortunately, if we do not receive documents within five working days your application will be cancelled.
We cannot process incomplete applications, so please make sure you have sent us all the necessary information.
Copies of your results
If you would like your results to be sent to universities or other educational institutions, please enter the relevant addresses in the appropriate fields on the online registration form. We can issue a maximum of five copies per student.
8. After you register
After registering you will receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS
Your exam venue, time and oral exam details are announced 5-8 days before your test date.
For more information please contact our Exams Services.
IELTS is designed to be a fair test and your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any special needs that you may have.
We can help you with any special arrangements you require for your test. For example, we offer support for people with visual impairments, hearing difficulties and dyslexia.
Please contact us three months in advance of your test date to find out how you can apply for special arrangements.
If you want to request a refund, please read our refund policy prior to making a request.
You can apply for a refund:
- If you cancel your registration at least five weeks before the test date, you will receive a refund of the test fee, minus a €30 administration fee.
- If you cancel your registration within five weeks or less of the test date, you will not receive a refund unless you can provide appropriate evidence to support your cancellation. If you want to do this, please complete and submit a Request for Refund Form along with the supporting evidence. We will need to receive your request and supporting evidence at least five days before the test date.
Test day transfers
- If you want to transfer to a different test date, you need to notify us at least five weeks prior to the test session you have registered for. To do this, please complete and submit a Request for Transfer Form. Transfers that are made less than five weeks to the test date will have a €30 administration fee.