Aptis was developed by British Council assessment experts and is mapped to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). Organisations can choose whether to test all four language skills or just the ones relevant to their needs, allowing them to optimise their testing process.
It is a computer-based test with an innovative marking system. The productive skills of speaking and writing are marked by our trained examiners as the tasks are authentic and communicative in nature. The reading and listening skills are scored automatically.
All results are accurately marked and available in five working days.
Aptis is trusted by governments and organisations in more than 85 countries for validating and raising the standards of English. Please remember always to confirm Aptis validity with the institution where you need to present your accreditation.
Aptis is designed to assess ability in all four English skills - speaking, listening, reading and writing for levels A1-C.
There are several versions of Aptis:
- Aptis General (described below)
- Aptis for Teachers
- Aptis for Teens (for teenagers aged 13 to 17)
- Aptis Advanced.
Aptis General test consists of a core component (grammar and vocabulary), which is combined with Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking.
You will be able to assess English language skills with Aptis through:
- World-class expertise: Aptis is designed by leading assessment experts and backed by a comprehensive and transparent research agenda.
- Comprehensive scope: Get a full profile of the English skills in your organisation mapped to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
- Flexibility: Tailor Aptis to your needs: you decide where, when and what to test.
- Efficiency: Get accurate and reliable results marked by human examiners.